Responsibilities of the Staff Council
The most important legally regulated areas of responsibility of the Staff Council:
- Application for actions which serve the internal, social or personal interests of the employees.
- Vigilance with regard to compliance with laws, regulations, collective agreements, service agreements, etc. applicable to the benefit of employees.
- Acceptance of suggestions and complaints from employees and encouragement of their settlement by the management.
- Working with the Equality, Security and Data Protection Officers to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, etc.
- Execution of numerous co-determination, participation and consultation rights with regard to actions taken by the department, in particular with regard to questions of recruitment, grouping, transfers, dismissals, working time regulations, workplace design, etc.
The characteristic staff profile of the Academy predominantly comprises scientific staff at numerous workplaces scattered throughout the Federal Republic. Thus, it seems important to us to point out that the Staff Council can also work for the scientific staff in all of the above-mentioned areas (however, only at the request of the persons concerned) in accordance with the applicable State Staff Representation Act! This is often overlooked, so do not hesitate to make use of this possibility, if necessary.